Are you looking for algorithmic challenges and willing to help our development team raise their game while you work on building and improving our software? Do you thrive in an autonomous environment and like to work on various challenging projects? Then this job just might be what you are looking for.
You will be a part of a young, interdisciplinary development team of 8 people including junior, medior and senior developers. You will be working together on the backend with one of our highly skilled and experienced owners. Therefore, you are a good teamplayer and willing to learn. In total, the office counts almost 30 people, working in a monumental building on one of the best locations in the heart of Utrecht.
Our customers operate in the global event and entertainment industry. We provide them with software that ticks all the boxes when it comes to organizing and planning their activities. Think of quotations, crew planning, transportation scheduling, item tracking and invoicing. As a backend developer at Rentman, you work on just one application: our in-house built software. Our software is used by over 10000 people and businesses around the globe on a daily basis to plan events. It is a challenging job, in which PHP and MySQL is used.
What you will be doing
- Work on a large and extensive product to carve it out even further.
- Develop new ways to efficiently process and scale large quantities of data.
- Work with agile methodology, build cool stuff and carry out your own projects.
- Be part of a young, down to earth but ambitious team.
- An in-house developed PHP-Backend, capable of handling a million requests per minute.
- Using AngularJS (migrating to Angular & Typescript) for the frontend and mobile application.
- There are a few microservices for tasks such as worker-scheduling and websocket-server written in NodeJS.
- High availability infra design with mostly docker containers in AWS (ECS, SQS, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch).
- We do "no touch deployments" and use a custom solution to migrate customers gracefully to new versions.
- Academic background in computer sciences (HBO/WO)
- 1-3 years PHP or backend experience
- Young and open-minded way of problem-solving
- Team player and willing to learn
- Good communication skills in English (Dutch is a nice plus)
- Full time job (32 hours is possible)
- Possibility to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Personal training budget
- Performance based 13th month
- Pension plan
- Technical management
- Be able to make a difference in a fast growing company
- Come as you are: we are a diverse and open-minded team
- Bi-annual company event next to regular events (think of drinks, game nights and karaoke)
- Office in the centre of Utrecht
- Free healthy lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks
- Ping-Pong and Xbox in the office
Interested? Apply now! For additional information or other questions you can contact Roy or Fanou at [email protected]
Acquisition on the basis of this vacancy is not appreciated.